Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand Education for Children

All rights reserved © Copyright Teach Children Ltd |  Sitemap |  Contact Us | Disclaimer | About Us | Facebook | Twitter

Teach Handwriting

Chinese proverb

Contact Us About Us

Where Can I, As a Parent, Get Help and Support?

As soon as your child is receiving extra support, additional SEN support (ASS), the SENCO should provide you with information about the local Parent Partnership Service, who will be able to help, guide and support you through any difficulties or problems you may be finding. If they don’t know, then they have to find out for you, as it is part of their role and a requirement of the SEND Code of Practice.

The school should be able to  help and support you but unfortunately this is not always the case. There will be good support groups in your area as you will find out that you are not the only one to face these difficulties. Others have gone before you and have gained the knowledge on the way to help you through what can be a frustrating and very emotional time for you and your child, you don’t have to do it alone!

There are some very good and informative websites such as;

IPSEA Independent Parental Special Education Advice (a charity) have a range of advice lines, sound legal information on your rights as a parent and letter templates to help you make your point clearly - a very informative site.

GOV.UK has useful information on special needs together with good links to other national and local network help lines.

Your child may have very specific educational needs, however all the major charities, associations and organisation that will be able to relate to your child’s needs will have local contacts on their web sites.